Saturday, May 6, 2017

Organizational Skills

Like many other people I am sure, I have tried several different ways to keep my life, both work and personal, organized.  I am always having sticky notes for this, or random pieces of paper for that.  Well enough of all of that.  A friend of mine turned me onto the Bullet Journal- best thing ever!

What is this bullet journal you ask?  Well, the best thing since cake!  (I know, it is supposed to be best thing since sliced bread- but I like cake better.)  After watching the video from the original bullet journal plus a handful of other individuals takes on it, I adapted it to my needs.  I wanted something to keep track of wedding planning, workouts, training plans, projects wanting to work on and then just the normal daily activities.  Below are a few samples of my journal.

Necessities:
Journal- I picked a less expensive one in case I did like it so mine is lined.  When it is time for the next one, I will be purchasing the Leuchtturn1917.

Fun colored pens- because who doesn't like fun colors.
And washi tape- because again, add some color.

    


Now to the pages.
Future Log- super important because now I know what is going on for a year in advance.

Monthly view- also important because now I see more details on my monthly basis with some set goals, tasks, wedding stuff, and things for next month.

Daily view- There is only so much time in the day so I cannot overload things that I need to do. I also use this as a spot to figure out what to make for the week.  Not a ton of planning but at least I get a bit of a grocery list together.

One of my favorite collections- my training plan for a half marathon coming up!  This one I am tracking a little bit of everything.  Xtraining, running, weight, dog walks, H20 intake- everything!  I am even tracking how many drinks, or rather limiting, my weekly drinks. No more than 5.

Projects- I always have a list of different things that going on but never seem to know what to work on. So my project lists.
 

And food- so now I don't have to stand in front of the fridge wondering what to make for dinner and it makes it easier to make my weekly meal plan.

Last- my wedding planning, well everything!





No comments:

Post a Comment