Thursday, February 21, 2019

Blanket Ladder


Warm comfy quilts are amazing!  If you have read any of my posts, then you know that I really enjoy making quilts.  At our house, we have quite a collection mounding and what a better way to display them and make it easy to pick what you want than by a blanket ladder.

After looking how much these can actually cost, I decided a DIY project was going to be in my future.  I found some really good plans from Shanty 2 Chic and made 1 modification to their plan.  The original plan called for it to be a 5’ ladder with only 4 rungs- well let’s face it, I need a few more than that!  My ladder ended up being 6’ with 5 rungs- everything else the exact same!  I decided to give my ladder a quick sanding so that neither me nor the quilts would get snagged by unfriendly wood. 

If you are wanting to get into wood working, the ladies have super easy to follow plans and I would highly suggest taking a look at what they have. 
Assembling the ladder- with my trusted helper 


Blanket ladder completed!



No comments:

Post a Comment